Fears & Phobias
Most phobias fall under the psychiatric field's description as an irrational, disabling fear and consider it a mental disorder. Some phobias fall under biological or chemical aversions. There are also many latent fears we harbour such as the fear of death or the fear of success.
EFT is one of the best methods to clearing fears and phobias, not only quickly, but often permanently, in even just one session!
Sometimes fears are a result of another trauma that maybe hidden. One of the amazing things about EFT is that it's not necessary to know what that is trauma was, in order to clear the phobia. However, often times, after clearing the phobia or fear, the root cause may lift to the surface which is very encouraging to clear deeper and deeper.
Although there are hundreds of phobias, some of the most common phobias are:
- The fear of spiders.
- This phobia tends to affect women more than men.
- The fear of snakes.
- Often attributed to evolutionary causes, personal experiences, or cultural influences.
- The fear of heights.
- This fear can lead to anxiety attacks and avoidance of high places.
- The fear of situations in which escape is difficult.
- This may include crowded areas, open spaces, or situations that are likely to trigger a panic attack. People will begin avoiding these trigger events, sometimes to the point that they cease leaving their home.
- Approximately one third of people with panic disorder develop agoraphobia.
- Social Phobias:
- The fear of social situations.
- In many cases, these phobias can become so severe that people avoid events, places, and people that are likely to trigger an anxiety attack.
- The fear of flying.
- Traditionally treated using exposure therapy, in which the client is gradually and progressively introduced to flying.
- The fear of germs or dirt.
- May be related to obsessive-compulsive disorder.